Talascend is currently seeking a Cad Operator for a contract opportunity in Westminster, MA
- Potential employees shall receive project assignments from Design Team members and under supervision, prepare construction drawings required to support the installation of electronic special systems (fire alarm, security, access control, and other low voltage building systems).
- Electronic systems drawings will typically consist of items such as floor plan layouts, riser diagrams, electrical interconnections drawings and installation terminations. Prepare submittal documentation (i.e., data sheets, battery calculations).
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and focus attention to PC monitor for prolonged periods and ability to operate and maintain CAD equipment, plotter and other drawing reproduction equipment.
- Maintain project drawing files, drawing library, and associated records and documentation per business and district policies.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD (version 2014 or higher).
- In addition, the candidate must be proficient using Windows based software and MS office 2000 or higher (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- A candidate with experience in the construction field is a plus.
- Candidate shall have electrical and/or architectural drafting experience and preferably some fire alarm experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation