Senior Web Application Developer
Talascend is currently seeking a Senior Web Application Developer for a contract to possible direct hire opportunity with our client located in Rockville, MD.
Our client has an opportunity for a Senior Web Application Developer to join a highly skilled Agile web development team. The team develops web applications predominantly using .Net core, Asp.net, SharePoint, Angular, SQL Server and also customizes and performs operations and maintenance on COTS products. The developer will be responsible for conducting research, design, development, and testing of software applications. Responsibilities include Researching operational specifications and analyzing business requirements against technical specifications, and standardizing the quality assurance procedure for software, testing and develops fixes.
- Collaborate with product owner, application developer, data architect, subject matter experts to gather requirements and aid in communicating to all the stakeholders.
- Work with the product owner in elaborating requirements in product back log and acceptance criteria, backlog grooming for sprint planning.
- Collaborate with the developers on documenting tasks and assuring that the deliverables from the tasks are in conformance with the product backlog.
- Identify software errors and potential fixes; assist in adapting existing capabilities with targeted new requirements. Analyze business data and requirements to identify and recommend system modifications.
- Liaise with business and engineering staff to evaluate hardware and software requirements, develop specifications and performance requirements, or resolve system issues.
- Design, Develop, test and implement web applications that conform to the requirements outlined in the product backlog. Tools and technologies include but not limited to .net core, Angular JS, CSS, Bootstrap CSS, SQL server, Web services (SOAP and REST).
- Provide production support on general O&M and issues reported by customers.
- Assist in documenting and developing user and technical specification documentation.
- Retrieve data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements. Collaborate with product owners, Application developers and stake holders to maintain project scope for software system design.
- Monitors application operations to detect potential problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of web development experience with technologies including but not limited to .net core. ASP.net, Angular, Entity Framework, SharePoint, Boot Strap CSS, SQL Server, HTML5, CSS, JSON web API services (JSON, REST).
- 5+ years of experience in database development, preferable MS SQL, including but not limited to writing complex SQL queries, Data transformation using SSIS, reporting using SSRs etc.
- 5+ years of experience in documenting requirements and testing conformance on developed product.
- Thorough attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication, as well as outstanding customer service skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation