Help Desk Technician
Talascend is currently seeking a Help Desk Technician for a contract opportunity in Camden, NJ
The Help Desk Technician will be responsible for providing overall Level One technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software, to end-users via phone, remote access, and desk side support. Under supervision of the Director of Information Technology, the Technician will respond to queries, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions. The candidate must have the ability to resolve end user problems quickly. The candidate must have excellent communications skills (both verbal and written), must manage time effectively and have strong organizational skills. The candidate must also have the ability and judgment to escalate support requests if necessary, as part of the Information Technology team
- Evaluate and prioritize incoming phone and email requests for assistance.
- Respond to queries either in person, over the phone, or via remote access.
- Operate and utilize the trouble ticket system, which will provide incident and problem management for issues related to computer systems (software and hardware).
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware/software, which includes the set- up of new equipment to include maintenance of all existing work stations and inventory.
- Be familiar with industry diagnostic tools that will aid in troubleshooting problems.
- Create/update documentation of Standard Operation Procedures for the IT Department which includes interdepartmental and instructional information for employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong aptitude in OS repairs, hardware, upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Ability to utilize any/all tools available in order to remedy minor computer equipment malfunctions.
- Knowledge of computers in order to perform task listed under principal duties, and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of methodology to operate computer systems and to troubleshoot minor computer equipment malfunctions.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to assist and train others in computer systems.
- Must be a team player.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with little assistance.
- Working knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies
- Windows 7/10
- Install and configure PCs and printers
- Knowledge of Office 2010-2016
- Minimum one year of relevant experience or equivalent work experience.
- A+/Microsoft Certifications preferred
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation