Solar Startup Manager
Talascend is currently seeking a Solar Startup Manager for a contract opportunity located in Clewiston and Interlachen, FL.
Responsible for the management of all project commissioning and startup activities on project in accordance with the Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule and within the established startup budget as indicated in the startup guidelines. Authority to allocate resources and make startup, commissioning, and testing decisions in accordance with division policies, standards, guides and contractual commitments.
Prioritizes activities of startup staff on project . Monitors and reviews all sectors startup and commissioning programs and makes necessary revisions to program as required.
- Develops and maintains a detailed startup schedule and detailed set of startup packages to track startup completion and progress Maintains open communications and relationship with the client and the construction team
- Ability to be a key resource in continuing construction and commissioning schedule integration and planning.
- Directs discipline start up engineers and discipline start up technicians
- Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable for duties and accountabilities.
- Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities and champions continuous improvement efforts
- Activities include but are not limited to:
- Verifying systems are installed per design
- Confirming design operational feasibility
- Recording as built engineering changes on drawings
- Ensuring proper setup and testing of equipment as per supplier requirements
- Manages Lock Out Tag Out & Permit to Work Program on site.
- Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
- Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Certifications: OSHA 10 Hour Training
- Strong industry knowledge, contract documents, and startup guidelines.
- Leadership skills: Problem solving, decision making, advanced project management, interpersonal communication, verbal and written.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Typical office environment. Typical construction site environment.
Rotating Shift Work, Scheduled Weekend Work, Mandatory Overtime, Physical Requirements: Reaching,Pulling,Pushing Bending,Stooping,Kneeling, Sight Acuity Near, Sight Acuity Far, Sight Depth Acuity, Sight Color Acuity, Talking (Loud,Clear), Hearing, Heavy Lifting (less than 50 lbs.), Medium Lifting (greater than 50 lbs.), Climbing, High Hand-Eye Coordination, Full Motor Capability, Standing and Walking, Environmental Conditions, Dirty,Dusty Environment, Noisy Work Areas, Extreme Cold Extreme Heat and,or Humidity, Confined Work Area,Spaces, Work from Elevated Position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation