Control Room Supervisor
Talascend is currently seeking a Control Room Supervisor for a direct hire opportunity with our client located in Newport, MI.
- Provides supervision of shift operations functions of the Nuclear Generation organization to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operations of the nuclear power plant and all its related equipment. In accordance with the plant operating license, approved procedures, and management expectations, directs the operation of the plant, turbine generator, and their auxiliaries while maintaining a broad perspective of operational conditions affecting the safety of the plant.
- Directs plant operations activities to produce maximum electrical output at minimum costs, consistent with regulatory requirements
- Maintains, controls and directs plant activities to ensure control room monitoring remains the primary focus and directs the crew for the strategic implementation of normal and emergency operating procedures
- Maintains close oversight of control room activities to detect errors or lapses in judgement or a breakdown in role responsibilities by other crew members, including asserting their authority for command and control whenever high standards are not being maintained
- Conducts human reliability assessment of each crew member looking for indications of stress, anxiety, or nervousness and takes actions accordingly to address
- Ensures plant activities are properly managed and coordinated and determines which activities require control room staff attention, including minimizing distractions
- Conducts observations and evaluates performance against the station standards, identifies gaps in performance and provides coaching and feedback
- May perform the function of field support supervisor or incident assessor
- Performs crew briefings and updates to keep crewmembers aware of plant conditions and challenges
- Maintains the Crew Performance Notebook
- Participates as Emergency Response Organization member and responds to call-in's.
- High School diploma or equivalent GED.
- Four years' responsible power plant experience of which a minimum of one year shall be Nuclear power plant experience.
- A maximum of 2 years of the remaining 3 years of power plant experience may be fulfilled by academic or related technical training on a oneforonetime basis.
- Must obtain and maintain Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license issued by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- Must meet the eligibility requirement of current INPO ACAD for an RO Upgrade or Direct SRO Currently holds a Reactor Operator license (greater than 1 year).
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all organizational levels, communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation