Operations Shift Engineer
Talascend is currently seeking an Operations Shift Engineer for a direct hire opportunity with our client located in Newport, MI.
Provides advisory technical support and advice to the Shift Manager in the areas of thermal hydraulics, reactor engineering, and plant analysis with regard to the safe operation of the plant. Assists shift operations personnel to recognize, diagnose, and effectively deal with plant transients or other abnormal plant conditions.
- Acts as the Shift Technical Advisor, providing advisory technical support and technical advice to the Shift Manager on conditions affecting safe plant operation.
- May assume Control Room Supervisor position as necessary.
- Performs routine work control review, approval and return to service of maintenance work orders and coordinates activities with maintenance supervision.
- Performs routine operations review, approval and return to service of surveillance's, PMs and routines.
- Coordinates activities with other departments for scheduled surveillance, PMs and routines.
- Establishes both short and long-term objectives for plant control and direct personnel in other departments to coordinate activities per the POD.
- Provides direction to on-shift personnel from the Chemistry, Radiation Protection, Maintenance, Engineering and Security departments as required to ensure completion of scheduled shift activities.
- Reviews CARDs generated during the shift and assists in making report ability/operability determinations.
- Oversees major plant evolutions involving important plant equipment or particularly complex evolutions having the potential to jeopardize personnel, equipment, or plant stability.
- Ensures Operations' concerns are given appropriate priority on the POD and evaluates the concerns for addition to the operator work around list.
- Provides oversight of plant operations to ensure compliance with regulations, Technical Specifications, and administrative controls.
- Acts as Response team member to unplanned events and prepares detailed reports for submittal to senior management.
- Job and Regulatory Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited institution.
- Two years of related nuclear experience with specific training in the response and analysis of the plant for transients and accidents and in unit design and layout, including the capabilities of instrument and controls in the control room.
- Must obtain and maintain Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license issued by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- Must meet the eligibility requirement of current INPO ACAD for a Direct SRO.
- Must meet the eligibility requirement of current INPO ACAD for a Shift Technical Advisor.
- Completion of INPO Accredited Shift Technical Advisor Training Program.
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all organizational levels, communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation