Talascend is currently seeking a Senior Accountant for a contract opportunity in Folsom, CA
Performs divisional accounting and reporting, general ledger reconciliation, and accounting policy development; computes and prepares data for journal entries, general ledger, and related financial statements; oversees all accounting functions. Oversees and/or leads preparation of general ledger journal entries, fixed asset tracking, monthly balance sheet reconciliation, and bank reconciliation.
- Responsible for accurate and timely month-end close; produces month-end financial reports and issues to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Analyses and reconciles balance sheet accounts.
- Reports, analyzes, and interprets financial and operating data for management.
- Prepares, reviews, and interprets data for inclusion in financial reports, statements, and summaries.
- Reviews financial data for accuracy; identifies problems and supports day-to-day operations.
- Assists in adoption of new accounting standards including but not limited to researching standard, preparing written accounting policy for company, and preparing new disclosures.
- Assists with company cash flow analysis including but not limited to tracking cash flow activity, preparing reports, and analyzing information for management.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reporting and analyses for the treasurer, controller, and others.
- Supports policy development and offers advice regarding accounting and internal control issues, reporting needs, and policy review and changes.
- Develops reporting and variance analysis regarding departmental operating budget versus actual expenses.
- Analyzes and maintains all accounts receivable accounts, refund accounts, and deposit accounts.
- Assists with coordination of annual external audits.
- Assist and prepares for SOX Testing
- Preparation of TIP (Tax Package)
- Loads data for HFM actuals and supplemental schedules and STF (Short Term Forecast)
- Assists with related special projects as required and other duties as assigned by manager.
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Account attention to details, strong technical accounting skills and a c commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate and report on figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or equivalent
- At least 5 years of related experience.
- ability to work with all levels of management.
- Must have acute attention to detail, strong technical accounting skills and a commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Should have a demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and report preparation to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Should have a working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method. You should have a demonstrated ability to calculate and report on figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- US Citizenship Required
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation