Talascend is currently seeking a Sr. Buyer for a contract opportunity in Sylmar, CA
Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements for electronic components, mechanical components and electro-mechanical components.
- Able to evaluate bid responses, negotiate price, delivery schedules, and place purchase orders in accordance with division policies, procedures and government regulations.
- Able to perform cost/price analysis.
- Work with suppliers on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or terminations.
- Act as liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
- Monitor supplier performance and take corrective action as necessary.
- Work with Planners to maintain inventory levels consistent with production requirements and targeted inventory goals.
- Prepare reports, attend meetings and respond to special assignments.
- Negotiate and manage long term pricing agreements on critical commodities.
- Perform other procurement tasks and projects as assigned.
- BA or BS in Materials Management, Procurement, Business Administration, Operations Planning or a related field, preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in procurement; 3 years of experience directly related to defense/aerospace procurements.
- Experience working within defense/aerospace manufacturing company with low volume/high mix production requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of procurement, planning and scheduling fundamentals.
- Must have good working knowledge of MRPII system.
- Special Certifications: CPM or APICS certification preferred
- Must have basic knowledge of ITAR restrictions, and FAR/DFAR requirements
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation