Quality Assurance Engineer (Missiles and Munition)
Talascend is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Quality Assurance Engineer (Missiles and Munition) for a contract opportunity in Clearwater, FL:
Job Description: Seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) with specific missiles and munitions program experience. This role requires extensive interaction with primary customers and government quality to interface for problem solving, audits, root cause, corrective action and failure investigations. The QAE will work within our Quality Enhancement Team to analyze processes and provide suggestions for process improvements to prevent quality issues by conducting the following activities:
- Provide in-house facilities and access to systems to perform tasks below
- Take the lead role in Critical Commodity Review Team and Quality Corrective Action Board Initiatives
- Perform process and product surveillance audit activities and drive any findings to closure
- Establish solid process and implementation of data package review
- Improve customer quality performance indicators like Customer Scorecards, Escapes, Disclosures, by working with sites and functions (e.g., ISC, Engineering, Regulatory) to identify key process/product drivers, then developing and helping implement improvement plans.
- Analyze product, process and customer data at the program level to deep dive into issues contributing to customer escapes. Perform other duties as assigned
Education / Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Two years Quality Engineering experience in defense and space applications with a background in quality/mission assurance
- Understanding and practical application of Root-Cause/Corrective Action (RCCA) principles. Ability to independently and effectively interface with others in a self-directed environment
- Five years professional Quality Engineering experience in defense and space applications with a background in quality/mission assurance preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of Six Sigma process improvements.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required for this position.
Talascend is an EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation