Oil and Gas Recruitment Agencies Abu Dhabi

Situated in the Middle East at the south end of the Arabian Peninsula on the Persian Gulf, the Emirate of Abu Dhabi has become a major Oil and Gas producer ever since the discovery of oil there in the 1950s. The Emirate of Abu Dhabi is the largest of the seven Emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The UAE is a member of the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and the Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF).

Abu Dhabi

The Emirate of Abu Dhabi is the largest in terms of land area at 67,340 km2, accounting for around 87% of the total UAE land area. It is the largest in terms of population, of approximately 2.3 million of which around 439,000 are Emirati citizens, correlating to about 20%. It is the largest in terms of its contribution to the country’s GDP at around 60%. It has the most oil in the UAE at 94% of the total with the other six Emirates accounting for the remaining 6%. The city of Abu Dhabi is situated within the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and is the capital city of the UAE.

Oil and Gas

Overall Abu Dhabi has the world’s seventh largest proven reserves of oil at about 98 bn barrels (bbl), which amounts to around 9% of the world’s total proven oil reserves. The Emirate of Abu Dhabi is estimated to have 198.5 tn cubic feet (tcf) of natural gas, which makes it the fifth largest proven gas reserves in the world.

The Emirate of Abu Dhabi is home to the Upper Zakum oil field which is the fourth largest in the world. The Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc) has a 60% stake in this field with Exxon having a 28% stake and Inpex having the remaining 12%. This oil field has an estimated 50 billion barrels of oil reserves and is situated in the Persian Gulf, 84 km north-west of Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi is one of the few oil producing areas in the Persian Gulf that still allows international companies to hold an equity interest.

The Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (ADCO) is responsible for the activities of exploration, drilling, production and export in Abu Dhabi’s onshore areas and shallow coastal waters. It produces most of its oil from the following five main onshore fields:

  • Asab
  • Bab
  • Bu Hasa
  • Sahil
  • Shah.

These fields are linked together by 450 km of pipeline to the Jabel Dhanna storage and shipping facilities.

Recruitment Agencies in Abu Dhabi

Of the recruitment agencies in Abu Dhabi, Talascend’s Abu Dhabi recruitment function has a strong record in servicing the resourcing and staffing needs of the Oil and Gas industry there. Talascend’s recruitment agency in Abu Dhabi benefits from being part of a global business with offices in 8 countries and covering 4 continents. Talascend’s Abu Dhabi office staff have a wealth of experience in recruitment for the oil and gas sector in Abu Dhabi and throughout the Middle East

Find out more about our Oil and Gas recruiting capabilities and our expertise in the Oil and Gas sector. Search through our current Oil & Gas jobs vacancies, register with us, conduct a general jobs search or contact us for more information.